OEC Website Host Families
OEC students love staying with homestay hosts. They really benefit from authentic communication outside the classroom and experiencing ‘real life’ in Oxford. Inviting our students to your home will not only enable learners to improve their English fluency, but also allow you to get to know people from all over the world and sample different cultures – right on your doorstep!
Why Host with The Oxford English Centre
- OEC is a well-established school with a history of quality education and student services
- Support and advice from an experienced and friendly team at your fingertips
- The security of hosting students through a reputable educational organisation
- The opportunity to meet English learners from across the globe
- The chance to exchange traditions and culture with students from all over the world
- Groups and individuals arriving in Oxford all year round
- Flexible bookings to suit your availability
- Swap your favourite recipes!
What is expected from hosts?
- A safe, clean, welcoming and warm environment
- Attentiveness, sensitivity and care to student’s cultural background and needs
- Access to communal areas of the home and to ample daily use of the bathroom, with bath or shower
- Provision of meals on a Bed & Breakfast, half-board, or full-board basis
Becoming a home stay host is easy. All you need to do is download our Application Form below and submit your details. A member of our Student Services team will then be in contact with you to review your application, supporting documentation and to arrange a visit!
One of the best parts of hosting with us is that we will only send you students when it is convenient for you. Once you are signed up as a homestay host with us you will be able to update us with your availability.
We want you to see your hard work rewarded as soon as possible, which is why we pay all our hosts on a weekly basis. For current rates please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org