Welcoming students into our Oxford family since 1979.
Student welfare at The Oxford English Centre
The Oxford English Centre actively seeks to:
- Inspire our students to achieve their potential and their personal goals in language learning in a supportive international environment.
- be a school where the well-being of everyone is the prime concern of each member of our community
- support a learning community in which all students can realize their full potential, whatever that may be
- provide a safe, stimulating and enriching environment where everyone is able to enjoy his/her learning experience
- encourage students to be active members of their school community through a range of activities, trips and events
- promote regular attendance and good behaviour as pre-conditions for maintaining high standards of achievement
- provide a caring environment in our homestay families, in which students can feel safe and supported
- encourage tolerance and understanding between all members of our community
- foster an enjoyment and appreciation of British life and culture while promoting a sense of belonging to an international community
The Oxford English Centre Student Guide
Our handbook is available for information about the school and your stay in Oxford as we want to make sure your stay is safe and enjoyable.
Our handbook includes:
- Student services
- Accommodation information
- What to do if you have a problem
- Rules and information
- Health matters
- The law and legal matters
- Personal safety
- Visas, work permits, immigration matters
- Life in Oxford
- Things to do in Oxford
- Useful websites
Click on the image to download the Student Guide.
The Oxford English Centre has safeguarding policies in place to ensure the safe welfare of vulnerable adults and students under the age of 18.
Our school is not accessible for wheelchair users or those who have difficulties using stairs.
Special learning needs
Please let us know if you have special learning needs. We can sometimes help students who have difficulties with their sight or their hearing.
Please let us know if you are dyslexic. If you want to take an examination we may be able to make special arrangements for you.