Why choose The Oxford English Centre?
At The Oxford English Centre we believe that the best way to learn English is face-to-face in a professional classroom setting with high quality teaching delivered within a supportive, caring environment and fun, stimulating activities providing opportunities to practise your English.
1. Premier campus
The Oxford English Centre operates from a Grade II listed building ideally located in one of Oxford’s most desirable residential areas close to the city centre.
2. Experience matters
The Oxford English Centre was established in 1979 – we have been providing high quality English language tuition since that time.
3. High recommendation rate
95% of students would actively recommend The Oxford English Centre to a friend or family member.
4. English-speaking location
One of the best ways to learn English is to spend time in an English-speaking country. The Oxford English Centre is based in the learning capital of the UK – the world famous City of Oxford.
5. Diverse curriculum of English language programmes
The Oxford English Centre offers a diverse range of courses to meet your particular requirements:
- General English
- Cambridge Exam (FCE, CAE, CPE)
- Business English
- English for Teachers
- Medical English
- Legal English
- Group Study Tours throughout the year (Adults and Juniors)
Make progress with structured courses, tests, reviews and homework. All courses at The Oxford English Centre are designed to help you get ahead in your academic or professional career.
7. Stimulating social activity programme
Take part in fun and engaging activity programmes organised by The Oxford English Centre to improve your English outside the classroom. We arrange a different fun, interesting activity each day of the week, Monday – Friday, all included free of charge!
8. International mix
Study within an international community setting. Hundreds of students from over 70 countries around the world choose The Oxford English Centre.
The Oxford English Centre Mission Statement
Our mission is to inspire our students to achieve their potential and their personal goals in language learning in a supportive international environment.
A high quality of student welfare is central to our ethos at the school, along with a high standard of teaching and learning.
Our aims include:
- being a school where the well-being of everyone is the prime concern of each member of our community
- supporting a learning community in which all students can realize their full potential, whatever that may be
- providing a safe, stimulating and enriching environment where everyone is able to enjoy his/her learning experience
- encouraging students to be active members of their school community through a range of activities, trips and events
- promoting regular attendance and good behaviour as pre-conditions for maintaining high standards of achievement
- providing a caring environment in our homestay families, in which students can feel safe and supported
- encouraging tolerance and understanding between all members of our community
- fostering an enjoyment and appreciation of British life and culture while promoting a sense of belonging to an international community