A highly practical course for teachers of English who would like to refresh and extend their range of techniques, classroom activities and materials. The course is specially designed for teachers of teenagers and adults. It provides an extremely wide range of new ideas which can be taken away and immediately applied to the classroom. It also provides an excellent opportunity for teachers to enrich their own knowledge of English through direct contact with the language and the culture, and to exchange ideas with colleagues from other countries.
Why choose a Teacher Training Course?
Standard (20 lessons per week) or Intensive (30 lessons per week)
Broaden your range of teaching techniques.
Improve your own English skills through interaction with native speakers.
Return to your own classroom equipped with a vastly increased selection of motivating, fun, interactive, learner-centred materials and activities.
Do I have to buy materials for the course?
No. We will provide you with everything you need.
About the course
30 lessons per week
B2 (Upper Intermediate) – C2 (Proficiency)
You will receive an Oxford English Centre certificate and a course report, detailing the components you have covered on the course.
Assessment and progress
You will be given the opportunity to deliver a micro-teaching slot to your colleagues on the course. This will take place at the end of the second week and provides a wonderful opporunity for you to put into practice one or more of the techniques you have learnt on the course. Written feedback will be provided by your main course trainer.
What exactly does the course involve?
- You will find a sample course timetable in the timetable tab above.
Is this course suitable for primary school teachers?
- This is a course for teachers of teenagers and adults.
Can I do this course if my own English level is below B2 (Upper Intermediate)?
- The course is designed for teachers at C1-C2 (Advanced – Proficiency) level, although teachers at B2 level should be able to cope with most of the material we provide.
If I teach another language (other than English), would this course still be suitable for me?
- Although the course is aimed at teachers of English as a Foreign Language, the techniques and methods we demonstrate could be applied to the teaching of any language. However, your own English must be good enough to be able to keep up with the pace and level of the sessions.
Teacher Training Course Dates
Teacher Training Course Dates 2017
|Course Code||Course Dates||Course Weeks|
|CTT1||03 - 14 January 2017||02|
|CTT2||27 March - 07 April 2017||02|
|CTT3||03 - 14 July 2017||02|
|CTT4||17 - 28 July 2017||02|
|Contact Us||Closed Groups on request||02|
Book your place now
KEY FACTSTeacher Training Course
- Class duration: 2 weeks
- Class size: maximum 14
- Lesson duration: 45 minutes
- Lessons per week: 30
- Learning materials: Included
- Start: See Course Dates below
- Minimum age: 20
REGISTRATION & COURSE DEPOSITS
Registration Fee: £95.00
Course, accommodation deposit & registration fee: £500.00
Course only deposit & registration fee: £300.00
Payment by cash, debit or credit card
Payment by bank transfer: See Bank Details